1. Vocal coaching sessions will be 55 minutes long. This gives 5 minutes to transition from one person to the next.
2. The fee per session is $110 payable at the beginning of our time together. 1/2 hour sessions are available for $60.
3. There is a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel or fail to show up, you are responsible to pay the full amount.
4. You may pay by check or with cash. You can also use Paypal or Venmo. Let me know by email if you need a receipt.
5. Gift certificates are available. Just have your significant other or parent or friend contact me! This happens often for birthdays and holidays.
6. All sessions are at my home in Midtown. 43rd and 10th Ave.
7. I maintain an email list of singers and send out regular notices indicating days and times that are available to schedule sessions. All scheduling is done through email and is on a first come, first served basis. I make EVERY effort to work with your schedule and to accommodate “emergencies” when those call backs come. Don’t EVER hesitate to request an alternate appointment time.
Students coaching with Laura: Be sure to join the Bergquist Music Facebook Group!
"If I could work with Laura every day it would be a dream come true. A marvelous teacher, a ruthless motivator, kind, generous, creative and honest. I always leave her studio feeling charged and more excited about the world. A true teacher and a wonderful human being."
Lilly Tobin (Grease, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Marvelous Wonderettes, Hank Williams Lost Highway)
"Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for always being there for me. It is such a relief to come in and work on something with you in a rush to make it audition-ready, and walk out feeling like I now not only understand and can sing the song, but truly enjoy doing so. That joy and confidence is so crucial, and you're uniquely gifted at coaching your students to it!"
Elisabeth Ness (Redheads Anonymous and SPELLING BEE)
"Laura is the perfect combo of football coach and soccer mom. She pushes you, speaking truth, and expects great things always. She listens, then serves up a plate of good advice, affirming your talents and how to seek out more from your auditions, your callbacks and life in general. She has been the biggest cheerleader for me in my career. Coaching sessions with her bring me joy."
Brance Cornelius (Most Happy Fella, Disney Cruise Lines)
"Laura Bergquist is a true mentor and inspiration to me. Her kindness and support as a coach are matched only by her knowledge, relevance and reputation in the industry. Can't recommend her highly enough!"
Christie Valeriano - founder 'The SING Workshop' - London
"Laura is a gift as a mentor and as a coach. Her extensive knowledge and experience in theater, combined with her warm and inviting nature, makes her an essential asset for anyone seeking to develop his or her craft in the arts. Laura gives everyone she works with the confidence and preparation needed to succeed in an increasingly competitive business. Since beginning my coaching with Laura, I have walked into every audition with improved technique, specific choices and a newfound confidence that has allowed me to work consistently in NYC. And, at a very affordable rate for an artist's salary, her instruction will help you achieve your goals, without breaking the bank. Without Laura's guidance and support, I would not have achieved a fraction of the success I have had, and I cannot recommend her highly enough."
Carter Lynch (Pirates of Penzance, NYGASP)
"Working with Laura has been transformative to my process not only as an artist but as a human being-the work we have done has allowed me to find my authentic voice in this extremely competitive industry. I now look forward to going in and telling a story at each and every audition because of our work."
Justin Randolph (COMPANY, SUNDAY IN THE PARK)
"There are many music directors and vocal coaches in NYC, and throughout our industry; I feel none of them have the combination of knowledge, artistry, professionalism and support that Laura brings. She is an absolute joy and privilege to work with and integral to my journey as an artist."
Leah Darby (Former Miss Kansas)